INSTRUCTIONAL PRACTICE AND SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING WORKING GROUP
Sharing effective instructional practices across all Oakland public schools including areas like academics, curriculum, assessment, social emotional learning and use of technology, while promoting existing collaboration efforts between schools. Current deliverables: develop new teacher training modules focused on equitable teaching practices; pilot equitable teaching practices modules for new teachers; publish joint calendar of professional development opportunities.
- Nicole Knight (co-lead), Executive Director, English Language Learner and Multilingual Achievement Office, Oakland Unified School District
- Ida Oberman (co-lead), Executive Director and Founder, Community School for Creative Education
- Greg Klein, Senior Director, Innovation and Learning, Rogers Family Foundation
- Lauren Klaffky, Chief Academic Officer, Leadership Public Schools
- Brett Tankersley, School Improvement Partner, Oakland Unified School District
- Maite Barloga, Teacher on Special Assignment, Emerson Elementary, Oakland Unified School District